Monday, January 30, 2012

Stuffed Bell Peppers

So I had some bell peppers and had wanted to make stuffed bell peppers for some time.

Then I found this recipe on Dr. Oz and decided to put my own spin on it... and it came out amazing!!

(And also super healthy but don't tell the guys that)  ;-)


All you need for Stuffed Bell Peppers is:

- 2 bell peppers (I like red, yellow, or orange)
- salsa
- lime juice (maybe a teaspoon? I don't cook with measurements)
- salsa
- 1 ripe avocado, mashed
- 2 cans tuna, drained
- garlic powder
- salt (use sparingly)
- black pepper


First I mixed the salsa, tuna, avocado, spices, and lime juice all together in a bowl. You can add or lessen the amount of each ingredient, it just depends on how lime-y or spice-y you want it.

Then slice the bell peppers in half, empty out the seeds, and fill with the tuna mixture!





It only serves 2 people so you can adjust for however many people you want to make this for. I was kinda suspicious about the tuna but mixed with the avocado and salsa, the tuna has a very mild taste!


It was so yummy, definitely a do-over!




Did you like my made-up words? Yeah I do that a lot...

2 comments:

  1. Do you bake them or eat them just like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just ate them like this since the extra crunch was good. You could probably bake the peppers before you put the filling in but I wouldn't bake it with the avocado in it.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, they make my day! :-)