Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Chick Flick

Have you seen Eat Pray Love? I didn't see it until now since I thought it was just another stupid, sex-filled drama but my sister told me it was good so I finally broke down and watched it. And you know what?



I liked it.


I was surprised by this movie! For those of you who haven't seen the movie, it's about a girl who isn't happy in her marriage and her life and goes on a journey around the world to find peace within herself and God. There were a few different theological concepts I didn't agree with but if you overlook all the divorcing, it actually had a pretty good message: if you're unhappy, turn to God for peace.

I was just happy that I found a good chick flick (that may have made me tear up a little) that didn't make me feel dirty afterwards for watching it.

So this is my message to all you ladies out there:

If you're unhappy, what's the source? Can you fix it by changing yourself?
And God is always there to help you through anything! Talk to Him and He will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:6

And also don't forget to watch a chick flick now and then.

You deserve a good cry every once in a while

:-)

2 comments:

  1. I've only read the book. Sounds like the movie might actually be a little better (for a change!). Guess I'll have to watch it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend of mine took me to see this movie and we both walked out very disappointed. But mostly because it did conflict with our Christian views of how we should think about our lives and how we navigate our problems in life. This may have been just my take on it, but it seemed more like it was encouraging us to look to our own empowerment and ourselves to make ourselves happy instead of pointing to God's instruction and His power and love to lean on. Like I said, it may have just been my take on it or my mood that day. I agree that a good chick flick once in a while and a good cry is needed on occasion. Love your blog ideas! Hope you keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, they make my day! :-)